Glazed Dark Chocolate Chip Scones are next level goodness on the scone richter scale. Tender, flaky, fluffy scones stuffed with dark chocolate chunk pieces and then drizzled with sweet yogurt glaze is my idea of afternoon tea (or breakfast!) heaven!
300g (2 cups) self-rising flour
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 pinch of salt
75g (1/3 cup) unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
180g (3/4 cup) buttermilk
100g (3/4 cup) dark chocolate chips
160g (1 cup) powdered icing
1–2 tbsp greek yogurt
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400Fand line a baking tray with grease baking paper.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, sugar and salt together.
- Add butter into flour mixture and rub in with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add chocolate into butter mixture and fold together.
- Make a well in the bowl and add buttermilk and stir with a flat bladed knife until a sticky dough forms.
- Lightly flour a surface (not too much otherwise the dough will become dry) and lightly knead until the dough is smooth.
- Roll out dough until approx 2 cm thick with a lightly floured rolling pin and shape into a circle. Place onto your baking tray slice the circle into 8 segments with a sharp knife
- Brush scones with buttermilk and bake in your pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool on tray for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack.
- Whilst waiting for the scones to cool, in a bowl add the icing sugar and yogurt and mix until you get a good consistency. Drizzle over the scone before serving.
Keywords: Snack, scones, chocolate