This Roasted Grape Mascarpone Tart will blow your mind. The flaky pastry and creamy mascarpone filling balance the flavour sensation that the roasted grapes impart. Sweet, juicy and intense rasped grapes drizzled in honey and thyme will blow your mind!
For the Roasted Grapes
400g Sable Grapes, red and/or black
3 tablespoons runny honey
4 Sprig thyme leaves
For the Mascarpone Cream Filling
500g mascarpone, room temperature
80ml thick double cream
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 lemon, zest
- Follow my instructions for one fully baked sweet shortcrust pastry tart shell. Allow to cool completely.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F. Place grapes on a baking tray and drizzle honey over. Scatter thyme leaves and place in oven for 15 to 20 minutes until grape skins have just start to burst and juice from the grapes forms a sticky syrup with the honey.
- Place mascarpone, vanilla bean paste and lemon zest in the bowl of an electric stand mixer and beat on medium until light and fluffy. Add double dream and beat until just combined.
- Spoon mascarpone mixture into the tart shell and spread out evenly with an offset spatular. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place roasted grapes onto the mascarpone filling and spoon the syrup from the base of the baking dish over the grapes. Decorate with another drizzle of honey and thyme leaves. Slice and serve immediately.
Keywords: Dessert, Tart, Roasted fruit