Strawberry Shortcake Chocolate Bark. An incredible combination of pure white chocolate and strawberry flavoured chocolate gets topped with crumbled shortbread for texture and more freeze-dried strawberries for taste. By Emma Duckworth Bakes
600g white chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberry powder
2 tablespoons freeze-dried strawberries
2 shortbread biscuits, crumbled
- Create a bain marie by placing a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (but don’t let the bottom touch the water). Place two thirds of your white chocolate into the bowl and let it melt stirring continuously. Use a thermometer to test the temperature of the chocolate- once melted it should get to between 37-43C (100-110F)
- At this point add the remaining chocolate and stir it continuously to melt. By the time the temp lowers to 29-30C (84-86F) the chocolate will be tempered!
- Pour one third to a half of the white chocolate into a separate bowl and add freeze-dried strawberry powder. Mix until fully combined and a lovely shade of pink!
- Pour the strawberry flavoured white chocolate onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Use an offset spatular to spread out evenly and crumble shortbread biscuits and freeze-dried strawberries over the top.
- If remaining white chocolate has solidified during this time then simply reheat in the bain marie until fully melted. Pour directly over the strawberry chocolate on the baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle more shortbread and freeze-dried strawberry pieces over the top and allow to set at room temperature (will take an hour or so)
- Once set, using a sharp knife, cut the bark into shards. Place in bags and tie with string ready to gift!
Normally I would provide grams and cups/tablespoons in my ingredients. But for the freeze-dried strawberries i have used tablespoons. They are so light weight that they barely register on the scales!
Keywords: Chocolate Bar, Snack, Gift, Valentines Day