1. Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until pale. Sift in flour and add in salt
2. Beat until the dough just starts to come together. It will start to clean the sides of the bowl and clump together
3. Use your hands to squeeze the dough together to form a cohesive lump, and shape into a disc
4. Roll out and stamp hearts from the dough. Re-roll and stamp out more hearts.
5. Place hearts on a lined baking tray and refrigerate until hardened, then bake for 10 minutes until just golden on the edges. Cool on the tray.
6. Make the strawberry glaze by whisking together Strawberry puree, powdered icing sugar and melted butter.
7. Dip the top of half of the hearts into the glaze and set onto a wire rack for the icing to set.
8. Fill the remaining shortbread hearts with a dollop of jam
9. Place glazed cookie onto the jam, press gently together and leave for 1 hour to set. Enjoy!
So fun! Make in any shape all year round