1. Line cupcake pan with paper cases. In bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar for 5 minutes until pale.
2. Add in the eggs, one at a time and beat until fully combined. Scrape the base and sides of the bowl between each addition. Add in almond extract and mix again.
3. In a separate bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, then add the ground almonds and mix together. Add half to the batter and mix in, then add the milk and mix, lastly add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until a few flour streaks remain.
4. Divide batter evenly between paper case, filling up 3/4. Bake at 180C/350 for 25 minutes until cupcakes are golden.
5. Make strawberry buttercream. Hull and quarter strawberries. Toss them in sugar and roast in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring half-way through. Blend until pureed and smooth. Set aside to cool.
6. Beat butter for 5 minutes until pale and creamy. Add in powdered sugar, vanilla extract and salt and beat for another 5 minutes. Add in 1-2 tablespoons of strawberry puree and beat until combined.
7. Cut a hole in the centre of each cupcake and fill with a teaspoon of strawberry puree. Place butter cream in a piping bag fitted with your favourite nozzle, and pipe butter cream onto each cupcake. Sprinkle with chopped nuts and serve.